Monday, July 5, 2010

Turkey and its Flare of Randomness

Something I love about Izmir is its randomness. On my first night in Izmir my host family used Google Translate to tell me that they lived in the slums. This did not seem like good news to me at almost 3 a.m. after jumping through hoops to get to Turkey. However my host family has a very nice apartment in a new development.

One day I was walking home from work and just as I was about to turn the corner to go to the apartment, I felt someone's or something's eyes on me. I turned to look, expecting it to be a dog or a cat since there are tons of strays here in Izmir. To my surprise it was a ram... you know a male sheep with the huge curly horns. This isn't even a farm area, it is the suburbs. The ram was tied up to the fence on the people's patio. I just had to stop and laugh, and appreciate the country I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment